Automated Software Test Analyst- Desktop
February 24, 2021
Summary of Role
If you are an experienced manual software test analyst with automation skills, we have the opportunity for you to become part of a software team driving our key UK actuarial valuation and reporting systems forward.
As part of the quality assurance Valuations team, you will develop manual and automated test scripts covering systems, integration and business testing scenarios, formed by your knowledge and expertise in testing complex financial software and from close collaboration with internal end-users. You will be part of an Agile team writing and executing detailed test plans for actuarial system functionality, providing input to, inspection and review of, system requirements.
Our Retirement Technology Solutions group designs, builds, hosts and supports financial and administration software for our user base, both external and internal. Our group is made up by multiple Agile Scrum and Kanban teams around the globe, working collaboratively as we strive to reduce time to market, deliver increased business value and improve the quality of our digital services.
As a manual tester with automation in our Valuations project team you will be responsible for:
- Analysis, creation, and execution of manual test cases within an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- Management of automated testing environments and software installations
- Testing of user interfaces, business logic and database backends
- Supporting software developers with debugging issues raised from test scenarios during the software development phases
- Issue tracking management and resolution
- Daily progress meeting attendance and input into planning meetings
- Adhering to all internal and external quality process standards
- Providing evidence-based testing results to senior members of the project team to successfully sign off application releases
- Significant experience of manual and automated testing with demonstrable knowledge of analysis, creation and execution of test cases within an Agile (SCRUM) project ideally in the Pensions or Insurance industry, but otherwise in the financial sector
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Toolsets and environments (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Coded UI, Team Foundation Server, Test Manager, SharePoint, SQL), TestComplete or equivalent
- Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- Experience of testing financial software on Windows desktop as well as web technologies
- First-rate analytical, communication & documentation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines with a team-oriented ethos
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation certificate in Software Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer