Senior Web Developer (AU Shift)
February 16, 2021
We are seeking a Senior Web developer with a passion for developing interactive web and mobile applications with advanced client-server and distributed API interactions to join our dynamic Fintech solutions development team. Every project is different and brings its own set of challenges. Expect to be working on a roster of brand name clients around the globe including Asia to Australia, Western Europe, Great Britain and the US.
The role will have a key focus on UI development however it will include all aspects of the application design and development process from developing the interactive user interface components through to building the cloud-based services these applications leverage.
Candidates will need excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to see the client perspective in the delivery of quality solutions. Among other projects you will be working on developing robo-advice calculators which will also involve adding new features, and liaising with other technical staff, business and senior management. You will be part of a well-established and dynamic team.
This is a wonderful opportunity, with flexible work arrangements for a web developer who's ready to take on the next challenge in their career and join an incredibly thoughtful, caring and creative team. We warmly encourage applicants of any age, gender, sexuality, ability or cultural background to apply.
- Collaborate effectively on projects with nominated business and technical representatives.
- Build positive relationships within development TAS team. Accept and act on constructive feedback when provided.
- Be knowledgeable and cognizant of client needs and understand the full scope of client projects and work assignments to ensure all aspects of these assignments are met.
- Review business requirements with development and infrastructure teams to confirm understanding of business needs
- Project source code to be efficient, testable and maintainable
- Verify successful implementation of deliverables into testing and production environments and ensure resolution of all issues when applicable
- Perform application testing
- Partner with other technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems in a timely and quality manner
- Complete all development tasks in a timely fashion to a high degree of accuracy driving positive financial results
- Contribute to managing the financial aspects of projects effectively by providing accurate reports of projects costs
- Strong experience in .NET technologies, preferably in the context of building interactive web applications
- Good knowledge of design principles – OOD, Design Patterns, service-oriented architectures, TDD, SOLID principles, dependency injection and decoupled design
- Commitment to building testable, reliable, maintainable solutions
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Practical knowledge/experience with Agile software development methodologies (one or more of Scrum, Kanban etc)
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and have a commitment to appropriate documentation
- Detail oriented, service oriented, committed to producing high quality results within strict deadlines, and focused on the achievement of team goals
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with a broad range of staff
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a flexible, fast learner/self-starter with a willingness/ability to acquire new skills, multitask and work on projects outside immediate area of expertise
- Component-based UI development
- Re-usable component libraries (e.g. StoryBook, bit.dev)
- Financial application development
- Strong mathematics background
- Microsoft Azure
- RESTful API development
- SQL Server
- Umbraco CMS
- Mobile development – iOS, Android
Equal Opportunity Employer